Hoa Virtual Meeting

Je pense que de choisir la date du prochain meeting à la fin du meeting est une très bonne chose.

This new event will be placed in few days so feel free to vote.

They start around 8 PM Europe/Paris time.

• 06/03
  • 07/03
  • 08/03
  • 09/03
  • 10/03

0 voters

End of survey -> 03/03

Presence

• Ivan Enderlin (hywan)
  • Alexis von Glasow (ashgenesis)
  • Pierre Tomasima (pierozi)
  • Matthieu Codron (circlecode)

Agenda

Numbers (5 millions) Roadmap RFC Hoa Apex PHP 7.1 Container-Interop Hoa\Http

Numbers

5,189,797 downloads 1952 stargazers 675 forks

Roadmap

What do you think of the new roadmap

RFC

RFC 58, everyone is OK, but we must be compatible with PHPDoc

RFC 52, everyone is OK, but we should be able to add a link from one example to another one, or to support links between code. A standalone tool would be better

RFC 62, the library is already implemented (https://github.com/Pierozi/HoaHeap), we must move this RFC as ready as soon as possible

RFC 51 & 53 & 61, please we need feedbacks!

Hoa Apex

No update from Belgium

No update from Reims

We need to find another place

A report has been proposed to September, 2017

PHP 7.1

See discussion Drop PHP 5.5 in favor PHP 7.1

We drop PHP 5.x in favor or PHP 7.1, we skip PHP 7.0. Everyone agrees

Container-Interop

We had several contributions to integrate Hoa into frameworks, like Symfony, but no one to maintain them

PSR-11 can be a very nice opportunity (https://github.com/container-interop/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/container.md)

Contact Matthieu Napoli

We can find some synergy between PSR-11 and Hoa: We commit to maintain all bridges with PSR-11, and we can offer an “experimention”

Hoa\Http

We need to do something with this library. Pierre or I will start a pre-RFC on users.hoa-project.net

New poll for the next virtual meeting http://doodle.com/poll/qms2rygg55273zq9

Please sign in on doodle to get notified

Join us at 8 PM for the virtual meeting.

Présence:

• Ivan Enderlin
  • Ashgenesis
  • Grummfy
  • Stéphane Hulard
  • Raphaël Emourgeon

Roadmap: 21% done

RFC 62, would like a feedback from @Pierozi

RFC 61, 2 parts: (i) Update the contributor guide, (ii) Update hoa devtools:snapshot to generate a beautiful CHANGELOG.md. Assigned to @shulard

RFC 59, Need to be done…. Assigned by @Hywan

RFC 58, Almost done by RFC 52 et RFC 53 (Kitab). Quick discussion about PHPDoc, can be removed because PHP 7 fully supported by PHPStorm. We can still allow @return if needed.

RFC 53, Kitab Kitab Kitab.

RFC 51, This is a huge effort. Each exception is a type. It’s better to document this type. Excellent idea. If an exception is used for different purposes, then this is a bad practise and we should fix that. So we should rely on Kitab only. But hoa explain can go further like providing a FAQ, a link to the dicourse instance. @shulard and @grummfy are going to write all arguments on the RFC to continue the discussion.

RFC 36, hoa/compiler and hoa/math test suites are too long to execute because xdebug slows everything down. Addressed by @hywan. We decide to disable code coverage for these libraries. For hoa/ustring, system libraries are missing. Addressed by @ashgenesis. Hoa Virtual Meeting For hoa/protocol, addressed by @hywan. Should we drop HHVM? We should, and we will (see RFC 69).

RFC 54, addressed by @shulard. Need a last review from @ashgenesis. New section in the Literature Section: Knowledge/list of notes. Need to migrate the blog post into this. Addressed by @hywan

RFC 55, Need more feedbacks.

RFC 56, It’s ready. Go go go!

RFC 57, not mentioned during this meeting yet.

About PHP 5.x drop, we will introduce a BC break. And we will introduce another BC break to introduce hoa/option.

About Hoa Apex : still OK for Lausanne. November 18th-19th. Addressed by @hywan

Hoa Foundation: We need member subscriptions. We have a tool online (dolibar). Need to calculate the amount of money we need for Hoa and Apex. Addressed by @raphael See Discourse for the following.

Closing!

New poll for the next virtual meeting https://doodle.com/poll/emprwefkcy34bg28

Please sign in on doodle to get notified meeting started at 8 pm Europe/Paris time

We will talk about:

• Apex
  • Kitab
  • Hoa/Compiler
  • Hoa/Socket
  • Hoa/WebSocket
  • Hoa/EventSource
  • Drop PHPDoc
  • Central RFC
  • Gitlab
  • Travis/Gitlab-ci
  • Bors

It’s a lot of topics. The agenda might run over many meetings.

Yes, we will start at 8 pm.

Yep, it’s a big agenda, we can discuss to define which one are the most important/urgent to talk before the meeting. And now we talk only about new subject, not about previous objectif or feedback.

Presence:

Apex

Cancelled because of pregnancy. Restart the edition. Reschedule from scratch.

Kitab

DocTests are compiled and executed with hoa/test. Big win! DocTests are not rendered in HTML yet. Where to publish the HTML files?

1. On gh-pages per library?
  2. On gh-pages on the Central?
  3. On the site (like we do now for the hack book)?

4 votes for number 3.

On the long term, remove the hack book and migrate it to Kitab, so that we know where the examples are broken. A hack book chapter is a README.md on the top namespace of the library.

Gitlab

We drop the project to migrate from Github to Gitlab.

@ashgenesis asked if we should move the origin remote from git.hoa-project.net to Gitlab? No because we don’t have the (wo)man power for that.

@Hywan Pikacode has been removed from Bhoat to simplify the workflow and deploy time, because Pikacode has a mirror mode for repository. Gitlab has a mirror mode now! We must remove Gitlab from Bhoat and configure all repositories to be mirrors.

Travis

Only 3 libraries don’t run on Travis: hoa/compiler, hoa/math, and hoa/ustring. On the two formers, we have timeouts because of XDebug. We have decided to disable code coverage and XDebug. @Hywan will fix it. For the later, there is a conflict with Travis, ICU and PHP, see the following link:

@Pierozi should be able to fix it.

PHP 7 (aka drop PHP 5)

It’s nothing or everything. That’s wrong. We must merge PR step by step and release a beta tag (like x.y.z-beta) (see https://github.com/hoaproject/Central/issues/75).

hoa/iterator

Under implementation. @hywan will send a PR soon. Very nice API and performance!

Tasks to do

• @Pierozi Can you check if the server backups are still running?
  • @thehawk970 Do we keep the French version of the site? We want to drop the French version and keep the English version only.
  • @Hywan Check that @ashgenesis has the permission to update all Gitlab repositories to be mirrors.
  • @ashgenesis Update all Gitlab repositories to be mirrors of git.hoa-project.net.
  • @Hywan Set up Travis for hoa/compiler and hoa/math by disabling XDebug.
  • @Pierozi Set up Travis for hoa/ustring.
  • @Hywan Continue PHP 7 migration, and add beta tags.
  • @Pierozi Will take a look at why tests are failing on Travis for hoa/socket.

New poll for the next virtual meeting https://doodle.com/poll/83mn5wgvezgc36hs

Please sign in on doodle to get notified meeting started at 8 pm Europe/Paris time

We will talk about:

Presence:

Subjects:

Year 2018

Discuss about the possibility to create a slack for hoa as a lot of contributors already use it. It could be more easy to be kept up to date about all events. What about our gitter (looks private)? Need to identify the problem and fix it.

Discuss about continue to integrate Hoa to symphony with bundle and how we can be more usable with other frameworks (see PSR-11, PSR-7)

Discuss about adding more tutorial to integrate Hoa in other framework or tools.

Discuss about old Pull Request still open and not reviewed need more code review.

We need to communicate more about the evolution of what we do on library. Not necessary a bit article. Shulard can help to write some little article and we can publish it on reddit.

Virtual Meeting Alert

All agreed to found a better solution or create one to help to organize Virtual Meeting and automatically send message when a date is defined.

Hosting hoa-project.net

Backup is operational. Which tools we need for principal repository? On which server we can host it? Do we need to use another tools than gitolite to host our git repositories? (Need Hywan feedback)

OpenCollective https://opencollective.com

OpenCollective can be used to have a donation. “These open source projects have created open collectives to share their expenses and let their community chip in.” We can create an account to help the association received donation. Hywan, we need your confirmation, we all are agreed to create an account.

extension for atoum related to hoa/option

Good extension need to be reviewed and migrate in Hoa organisation.

devtools template

simplifie the way to create a new library, we can add Kitab example inside and tests also to help.

TODO:

• @Hywan : feedback about opencollective, slack, code review and git hosting
  • @ashgenesis: found a tool to reduce time to organise virtual meeting
  • @shulard: create few articles to communicate about Hoa roadmap and steps done.

Thanks. Sad to not be there. For slack I prefer to say no. For me it’s a bad tools for open-source project because it’s not open in term of seeing what’s inside. You should consider using a Mattermost instance (framasoft has one) if you want a more modern tools, but not sure of the need. My 2 cents

Hey!

Thanks for the report. Sorry for my absence.

Discuss about the possibility to create a slack for hoa as a lot of contributors already use it

What’s the issue with IRC right now? What motivates your choice of using Slack? Gitter channel was down for a moment, we have to restore it, don’t know what happened here. I think @Grummfy is working on it.

Discuss about continue to integrate Hoa to symphony with bundle and how we can be more usable with other frameworks (see PSR-11, PSR-7)

Agree, but we have more important work right now regarding the next big release for Hoa. If anyone would like to drive this project, I’m 100% with her/him. Please, consider writing an RFC.

Discuss about adding more tutorial to integrate Hoa in other framework or tools.

Can we have more precisions? What do you have in mind?

Discuss about old Pull Request still open and not reviewed need more code review.

I consider that’s my fault… Maybe we should freeze an entire month to rush on these issues… like a spike, thoughts?

We need to communicate more about the evolution of what we do on library. Not necessary a bit article. Shulard can help to write some little article and we can publish it on reddit.

Agree. Please, open a thread on Discourse to discuss about that, cc @shulard.

All agreed to found a better solution or create one to help to organize Virtual Meeting and automatically send message when a date is defined.

We can create an account on fruux.com, and anyone could subscribe to the calendar. Thoughts?

Which tools we need for principal repository?

What do you mean?

On which server we can host it? Do we need to use another tools than gitolite to host our git repositories? (Need Hywan feedback)

OK. So basically, here is the situation. CleverCloud is ready to sponsor Hoa by offering a service for the website (W3.git, kind of), and another service for the ElasticSearch instance. About Git repositories, CleverCloud does not support Gitlab yet. I’m opening a new thread to discuss about that […] done: New hosting strategy.

We can create an account to help the association received donation. Hywan, we need your confirmation, we all are agreed to create an account.

Agree to use OpenCollective. They pick 10% of the transaction, but at least we have something to receive donations easily, so let’s go.

Did I miss something :-)?

1 Like

Hello,

I think that using Fruux to centralize calendar is a very nice idea.

Preparing an issue rush is also a good point but need to be structured. What are the most important ones ? Also it’s more about responsibilities, at this point most of the reviews are validated / made by @Hywan. Maybe we can take the lead on some…

The next step will be the big release regarding 2017 roadmap with PHP7.1 support only, is there a way to separate the work here ?

about finance, there is a talk at fosdem about that https://fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/open_source_finance/ (during the conference there will be a live video)

fruux | pricing, it costs 20€/month for 5 members. Or we can install the server on our own (sabre/dav). Right now, we use sabre/katana, but it’s no longer updated.

I can prepare that. At least I can try :-p.

Anyone can take any issues. I’m not the only one :-).

See Drop PHP 5.x · Issue #75 · hoaproject/Central · GitHub.

You are right, maybe I’m just afraid to start working on code sometimes :smile:. Since I’ve some time this week, I’ll take a look at PHP7.1 roadmap.

1 Like

Sure mattermost is an good alternative … an other apps to install and use (i use everyday slack, i don’t know if i will think to use mattermost … )