Hoa\Websocket, hack book – Hoa

The WebSocket protocol allows a bidirectional and full-duplex communication between a client and a server. The Hoa\Websocket library allows to create WebSocket servers and clients.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://hoa-project.net/En/Literature/Hack/Websocket.html

Automatic backup from previous comment system

Anonymous said (Tue Apr 07 2015 19:31:52 GMT+0200 (CEST)):

Hi, I’m trying to use with Laravel 5 Framework but I get the following error:

Server cannto join tcp://192.168.10.10:8889 and returns an error(number 0): Address already in use.

I installed within my Vagrant Homestead Machine.

Is there any problem using within a Framework or maybe is for some port issue?

Thanks in advanced

@Hywan said (Fri Apr 10 2015 09:22:45 GMT+0200 (CEST)):

It means that your server is already running. You cannot start 2 servers listening on the same IP.

Nicolas said (Tue Nov 03 2015 17:13:54 GMT+0100 (CET)):

So how to check if the server is already running before running it again ?

ibrahimab said (Tue Jan 26 2016 16:57:02 GMT+0100 (CET)):

sudo lsof -i

hosein said (Wed Apr 15 2015 16:53:46 GMT+0200 (CEST)):

how can I send a message for specific node? my code is:

$nodes = $bucket->getSource()->getConnection()->getNodes();

foreach ($nodes as $node) {
   $username = $node->getPseudo();
   if ($username == "ali") {
       $node-> ?????????????? -> send ("example")
   }
}

and can I select a node without using foreach but just with Pseudo of node?

@Hywan said (Thu Apr 16 2015 08:53:27 GMT+0200 (CEST)):

Hello :-),

You can try with the broadcastIf method. We opened an issue to update the documentation.

apoq said (Tue Sep 29 2015 15:28:48 GMT+0200 (CEST)):

$nodes = $server->getConnection()->getNodes();
foreach($nodes as $node)
   if($node->getPseudo() == "node-pseudo") 
      $server->send("message", $node);

hosein said (Sun Apr 19 2015 18:15:03 GMT+0200 (CEST)):

when I send binary message for example a JPG file , HOA work’s fine and send it completely on local machine (wamp) but when I test it on server (vps linux) , that file would be received corrupted . I don’t know why . please help

@Hywan said (Thu Sep 24 2015 12:19:15 GMT+0200 (CEST)):

This is possible your service stops the connection because this is too much heavy. Could we have more information?

Hyarion said (Fri Sep 25 2015 17:36:37 GMT+0200 (CEST)):

Is it possible to get the ip address of the connection that sends a message? $bucket->getSource()->getConnection() just seems to return the same ip as the server. Or even a unique identifier for each connection?

@Hywan said (Wed Oct 14 2015 10:26:34 GMT+0200 (CEST)):

Please open an issue on Github for this kind of question: https://github.com/hoaproject/Websocket. Thanks!

Hello there, thanks for the awesome library Been having trouble with closing the connection of a specific node The documentation here says that the close function takes 3 arguments with the third being the node marked for closing But everything i try ends with the current node closing rather than the specified node I’ve looked into the implementation and the close function does not take a third node parameter and that it actually always closes the current node Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Hello @yehia,

You’re absolutely correct! This is an issue in the documentation. Sorry for that! I have opened https://github.com/hoaproject/Websocket/issues/86 to address it. Do you want to try a fix?

Thanks a lot for the fast reply @Hywan

Sure I would like to try a fix, I’ve been trying for 3 days, I’ve even tried to use the connections iterator to close a specific node which isn’t optimum since i have to loop through all opened connections but even this didn’t work The iterator always had only the last item even if i call the rewind function manually it still only had one item which is the last one

Sorry for the long explanation and thanks again for the library and the support

Did you simply try the following code:

$node->getConnection()->close(…)

Always closes the current node, I’ve also tried

$nodes = $connection->getNodes()
$nodes[$nodeId]->getConnection()->close(…)

Still closed the current node seems that they are all sharing the same instance or the $_node variable was always holding the latest node

Or maybe I’m missing something

Edit: Tried $nodes[$oldNode->node_id]->getProtocolImplementation()->close(); Still closed the last node